- One vision of success: the people who know you the best should love you the most.
- Another vision of success: a progressive realization of a worthwhile dream or goal.
It’s going towards those things that are empowering you, which you want to achieve.
- Four levels of success: Survival, Stability, Success, and Significance.
- Survival: Your ends are barely meeting.
- Stability: You’re able to take care of yourself and maybe you have an acquisition or two.
- Purpose is what directs us on our journey in life.
- If we find that our purposes have been too small, we need to get a new purpose.
- With a purpose greater than yourself, you will never run out of opportunity to serve, to grow, and to be more than you thought you could ever be.
- Purpose in your life has a higher meaning than just you:
Married? Your purpose is now two. Add a set of in-laws and extended family and your purpose grew.
- Prayer is a communication made between the human being and a superior power, GOD.
- Human beings send prayers to an all-knowing, all-loving God in hope and faith that he’ll answer those prayers.
- Think about: “Does God hear and listen to my prayers?”
- How do you pray?
Standardized prayers, like ‘Our Father’ or free, unstructured prayer
- If prayer hasn’t been natural for you, give it a try.
- Certain temperaments are prone to conflict and certain temperaments are not.
A choleric person looks forward to the conflict, whereas a phlegmatic person wants peace at all cost.
- Everyone will run across conflict. You need a good resolution plan.
- It’s a process:
~Agree to disagree.
~Recognize that the other person’s feelings and/or point of view is valid.
~Serve each other with the idea of creating peace and harmony.