- One vision of success: the people who know you the best should love you the most.
- Another vision of success: a progressive realization of a worthwhile dream or goal.
It’s going towards those things that are empowering you, which you want to achieve.
- Four levels of success: Survival, Stability, Success, and Significance.
- Survival: Your ends are barely meeting.
- Stability: You’re able to take care of yourself and maybe you have an acquisition or two.
- Purpose is what directs us on our journey in life.
- If we find that our purposes have been too small, we need to get a new purpose.
- With a purpose greater than yourself, you will never run out of opportunity to serve, to grow, and to be more than you thought you could ever be.
- Purpose in your life has a higher meaning than just you:
Married? Your purpose is now two. Add a set of in-laws and extended family and your purpose grew.
- An excuse is the skin of a reason justified by a lie.
- Don’t give excuses in life.
Don’t feel compelled to explain why you’re not doing things you know you should or are afraid to do.
- If need be, say “I blew it, I’m sorry, I messed up. I’ll do better.”
That’s not an excuse and you can get right to whatever it is and take care of the challenge.
- One of the most frequent excuses heard is “I’m sorry I’m late,
- Having a cause or purpose greater than yourself, which you can get under, puts you ‘sub’ to that mission.
- Think, plan and find ways to gird up that mission in your life.
Books, tapes, encouragement, associations, and using the power of the spoken word are all ways to help support whatever your mission might be.
- It takes great discipline, courage and love to be in submission to another person.
- Recognize the difference between being sub to the mission and being submissive to a person,
- Prayer is a communication made between the human being and a superior power, GOD.
- Human beings send prayers to an all-knowing, all-loving God in hope and faith that he’ll answer those prayers.
- Think about: “Does God hear and listen to my prayers?”
- How do you pray?
Standardized prayers, like ‘Our Father’ or free, unstructured prayer
- If prayer hasn’t been natural for you, give it a try.
- Legacy is the habits we transfer from ourselves to others?
Our inner circle is most likely to whom we transfer a legacy habit.
- Knowing that you’re leaving legacy throughout your life, makes you conscious of it, and capable to develop your own legacy.
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave?
What difference/impact are you making?
- Legacy is more than money or property.
- We can’t own legacy: It is formed and transferred to others.
- A dream is a cause or a purpose greater than yourself that you want to fulfill.
(A goal is something you can achieve on your own, a dream is bigger than you.)
- Dream-building is casting the vision for the dream.
- We can dream build in many ways:
-physically visit the dream.
– confess the dream. Use the power of the spoken word.
- Use the 10/10/10 to solidify your dream.