- One vision of success: the people who know you the best should love you the most.
- Another vision of success: a progressive realization of a worthwhile dream or goal.
It’s going towards those things that are empowering you, which you want to achieve.
- Four levels of success: Survival, Stability, Success, and Significance.
- Survival: Your ends are barely meeting.
- Stability: You’re able to take care of yourself and maybe you have an acquisition or two.
- Purpose is what directs us on our journey in life.
- If we find that our purposes have been too small, we need to get a new purpose.
- With a purpose greater than yourself, you will never run out of opportunity to serve, to grow, and to be more than you thought you could ever be.
- Purpose in your life has a higher meaning than just you:
Married? Your purpose is now two. Add a set of in-laws and extended family and your purpose grew.
- Having a cause or purpose greater than yourself, which you can get under, puts you ‘sub’ to that mission.
- Think, plan and find ways to gird up that mission in your life.
Books, tapes, encouragement, associations, and using the power of the spoken word are all ways to help support whatever your mission might be.
- It takes great discipline, courage and love to be in submission to another person.
- Recognize the difference between being sub to the mission and being submissive to a person,
- Prayer is a communication made between the human being and a superior power, GOD.
- Human beings send prayers to an all-knowing, all-loving God in hope and faith that he’ll answer those prayers.
- Think about: “Does God hear and listen to my prayers?”
- How do you pray?
Standardized prayers, like ‘Our Father’ or free, unstructured prayer
- If prayer hasn’t been natural for you, give it a try.